Hypnotherapists help many smokers achieve their goal of quitting on a regular basis.
It is well known area of our work and the results we produce are quite astounding – that is why so many ex-smokers send their friends and family members to us.
Deciding to become a smoker is not a decision that most people make logically. It is an emotional decision taken at a subconscious level. Therefore, any decision to stop needs to be taken at the same level.
Quite simply this is why hypnosis is such a successful way to give up smoking cigarettes. Many people considering stopping smoking feel that their true choice is being taken away from them. The secret of hypnotherapy is that it gets people to use their imagination to create a non-smoking future. This is often very positive and empowering. Studies have shown quite clearly that hypnosis is three times more effective than nicotine replacement therapy.
The Benefits of Stopping Smoking
The benefits to health start immediately.
These benefits are:
Within the first twenty four hours
- Blood pressure and heart rate return to normal twenty minutes after last cigarette
- Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in the blood reduce by half after eight hours
- Oxygen levels return to normal after twenty four hours
Within the first three days
- Carbon monoxide is eliminated from the body after fourty eight hours
- Lungs start to clear out mucus and other debris after fourty eight hours
- The body is completely clear of nicotine after seventy two hours
- The ability to taste and smell is greatly improved after seventy two hours
The first three days are always the hardest when trying to stop smoking.
It is during this time that nicotine – the addictive element in cigarettes – is being cleared from the body.
As the levels drop, the body is starved of its addictive substance and withdrawal symptoms begin.
However many people have successfully managed to stop smoking with the aid of hypnotherapy
Medium Term Benefits
- Breathing becomes easier as bronchial tubes begin to relax and cilia start to recover
- Energy levels increase two-twelve weeks. As energy levels increase so does activity
Longer Term Benefits
- Circulation improves within three to nine months
- Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems continue to improve over five years
- Risk of heart attack and cancer falls dramatically up to ten years
Not forgetting the long term financial benefits, the most powerful tool of all is motivation
In stopping smoking there is hope of a better future and longer life.